The Center was established in 2008 to preserve the rich Coptic heritage that is an important part of Egyptian history and Christian tradition worldwide; and to incite new generations to hold on to their identity with awareness and understanding. For strengthening information and cultural exchanges, as well as international cooperation among individuals, providing a healthy atmosphere for scholars and researchers, and encourages them to bridge understanding between the Church, and the Egyptian and international community around it. The Center also provides assistance to the poor, sick, disabled, and others in need. By believing in the importance of practical education as the basis for development and progress, the Center established education and training institutes for the youth and students. The Center houses the ME SAT Channel (MarMarkos Egyptian Satellite Channel) that is broadcasted in Egypt and worldwide, COCC ACADEMY, ME SAT Media Academy; Studio ME Sound; A-tohobony (Do You Love Me?) TV program, the Saint Mark Public Library, a conference hall equipped with audiovisuals and instant interpretation capabilities, the Patriarch’s Museum, Coptic Panorama, and a shrine for contemporary martyrs.
- Preserving and spreading Coptic heritage, rich in history and culture, to benefit scholars and researchers in Egypt and worldwide via providing access to research sources in all branches of Coptology, such as art, architecture, language, literature, Church history, Fathers’ writings, and ecumenical studies
- Motivating new generations to instill in themselves a sense of identity and awareness based on Coptic beliefs and culture
- Revealing the value of ancient monasteries to the history of Egypt and Christian tradition worldwide, considering that Egyptian monasticism is the root of monasticism in the East and the West
- Endorsing the Ecumenical Movement in accordance with the authentic tradition and doctrine of the Coptic Orthodox Church.
- Raising the motto “From the heart of the Church to the heart of Egypt,” as a bridge of communication between the Church and the Egyptian society
- Offering humanitarian services
- Defining the significance of Egypt’s Coptic heritage throughout history
- Acting as a comprehensive beacon of knowledge for researchers and those interested in all branches of general knowledge and cultures
- Being a seed for open interactions between the Church and other civilizations, and enabling researchers to access sources of information in every branch of knowledge
- Uncovering the history of Egyptian monasticism and its role in the world
- Discovering, forming, developing, and building leaders
- Offering various educational services in line with the Center’s goals
The Center strives to prepare a suitable atmosphere for education, to strengthen the educational process, cultural exchange, to preserve the unique historic heritage, inspiring youth to develop a sense of Egyptian identity, to elevate moral values, principles, and the higher ideals needed for the stability & growth of our homeland, and to forge a transparent channel of communication between the Church and surrounding societies.
This page is also available in: العربية (Arabic)