3rd Holy Synod Members Seminar
Church Services & Coptic Family
The 3rd Seminar for Holy Synod Members was hold on “Church Services & Coptic Family” from Sunday, February 28th to Wednesday, March 2nd, 2016 at LOGOS Center at the papal residence at St. Bishoy Monastery, in the presence and patronage of His Holiness Pope Tawadros II, Holy Synod Secretary and the presence of 110 of Holy Synod Members.
The seminar program contained the following:
- Pastoral Principles of Family Service… H Pope Tawadros II
- Biblical Principles of Family Caring … Metropolitan Pakhomious
- Report on Vatican Bishops Synod … Metropolitan Bishoy
- Personal Status Law Service … Bishop Paula
- Serving the immigrant family … Metropolitan Serapion
- Marriage preparation service … Bishop Loukas
- Family Counseling Service … Bishop Youssef (SUS)
- Visiting Service … Bishop Maximous (Banha)
- Women’s Health Problems Service … Bishop Youannes + Dr. Sherif Pasha
The 45-minute session was a 30-minute lecture and 15-minute dialogue.
The seminar program included a session for the Care and Service Committee, in which two new regulations were discussed and approved to organize the Care and Service in the Church:
- Virgin Consecration Regulation (Men)
- Archdeacons Regulation
The seminar concluded with a session to discuss the new personal status law, in which the dialogue was led by His Holiness Pope Tawadros, and the discussion ended with the total approval of the law after adding some amendments.
The seminar atmosphere was dominated by the spirit of unity, communion and joy. The fathers thanked His Holiness The Pope and Holy Synod Secretary, and they expressed their joy with this seminar and the new wonderful location of Logos Center.
The Lord uses this seminar for the glory of His Holy Name, the growth of His Holy Church, and the salvation of our souls.
This page is also available in: العربية (Arabic)