An institution as large as the ancient Coptic (Egyptian) Church, whose relations extends locally and globally, needs to progress and develop in its ways of continuously dealing with the Coptic community, the state, and the world with the highest degree of transparency and clarity, and by using the latest technological advances in media. To achieve this goal, the Coptic Media Center was established.
His Holiness Pope Tawadros II issued a decree naming an official spokesperson for the Coptic Orthodox Church in Egypt on September 20, 2013. For the first time in Church history, a papal decree was issued for such a special media position.
The Media Center of the Coptic Orthodox Church was established on Monday, November 18, 2013, by H.H. Pope Tawadros II.
- To express the identity of the Coptic Orthodox Church by communicating with all groups in the Egyptian and the international societies on every spectrum and without discrimination.
- Highlighting the beauty, the depth, the status, and the patriotism of the Church in the Coptic community, and the local and global communities
- Building awareness, and creating an enlightened mainstream for Copts
- Directing local and international relations to ensure the presence of the Coptic Church in an effective manner, locally and globally
- Documenting all Church-related events, whether ecclesiastical, local, or global, and presenting them in an accessible format
- Providing the necessary information for Church leaders to help them make decisions
This page is also available in: العربية (Arabic)